Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I'd Rock that Scarlet Letter

As a panelist for Blogher's Life Well Lived series, I've loved writing and reading the prompts and answers shared by experts and fellow bloggers on topics ranging from: how to get organized, top beauty must haves, healthy lifestyle ideas (fewer cupcakes more veggies), fashion ideas for all body types, creative style resources and now dressing for success on your first day. Maybe it's school, maybe it's a new job or a new committee you're serving on, or a first date, but having a go-to outfit for those firsts always calms my nerves. I know what clothes and colors make me feel powerful, but Blogher's expert advice is excellent, so take a minute and head over to read How to Combat First Day Fashion Worries and share your best tips, and don't forget to sign up for their Life Well Lived sweepstakes and win some fabulous prizes that are certain to make you feel less nervous about the first day of anything!

So here's this week's question:

How do you dress for success on your first day?

Power red!


RED. Maybe I've got some kind of Scarlet Letter complex, but I choose red. To the Puritans it indicated vast amounts of sin, to the Pope it's the perfect shoe color to match every outfit, to some it's racy or slutty, or too much, too bright, too everything, but I choose red.  Every time. Just like the Holy Father. It's probably the only thing we have in common.

Red makes me feel powerful. It makes me feel bright and bold and ready for anything. Guarantees I won't feel like a wall flower. It almost guarantees a good first day.  Or at least I can focus on my shoes if the rest of the day is going to hell. I don't always wear red clothing, usually it's just red accessories. Red shoes, jewelry or a scarf, or hell, like today, maybe it's all three. If I don't know what to wear, if I wake up late, or if I'm even slightly nervous about the day ahead, I always default to red. It's my favorite color and it just feels like right. It makes me feel exactly like myself. So that's my answer, red.

So what's your go to outfit or color for first days?

No comments: