On a side note, I thought the five minutes I saw of the Bucket List were awful, so I refuse to label my list that way. Yeah, I'm a movie snob. As my brother in law would say, "but you liked the Virgin Suicides?" Label your list however you choose certainly, but this is not a Bucket List, because in my head you might as well call it that Horrible Piece of Shit Corny Old Dude Movie List. And that's an awful name for my very charming list. So let's dive into this work in progress:
1. Travel to Paris, visit a mind-boggling number of museums and then collapse and order pate, smelly cheese and baguette while relaxing at a sidewalk cafe.
2. Brush up on my French and Spanish, seriously brush up.
3. Become a parent, either carry my own or adopt.
4. Get my esty shop up and running, actually stocked with my wares.
6. Visit Egypt, but not just the pyramids.
7. Swim with dolphins.
8. Write a book, possibly fiction, possibly nonfiction, I don't know yet.
9. Take a beach vacation with extended family and friends. Big house, close to the water, lots of noise, lots of kids, lots of sunscreen.
10. Travel to West Africa again, with Joe and possible future child, spend lots of time in villages and buy more art from local artisans.
11. Have my own library room in my house, complete with overloaded bookshelves and a comfy window seat.
12. Design a garden with plantings for each season.
13. Create new jewelry designs with materials I haven't used before.
16. Develop a better relationship with my mother.
18. Visit that Matisse church in France.
19. Travel to each of the 50 states, I've got North Dakota,Washington, Montana, Oregon, South and North Carolina, Alaska and Hawaii left.
20. Renovate and decorate a roomy old 60's ranch house into an eclectic, colorful oasis.
21. See Rilo Kiley,
22. Go on a random unstructured road trip and visit lots of these places
23. and the Garden of Eden.
24. Pack a picnic lunch and relax outside all day.
25. Go skydiving.
26. Attend a black tie gala for one of my favorite nonprofits.
28. Figure out my religious beliefs by attending different services and churches. Not just Christian.
29. Reach my goal weight.
30. Walk 10 puppies all at the same time.
32. Have a Hitchcock movie screening party.
33. Go to a drag show.
34. Travel to Italy again, more Florence/Tuscany less Rome.
36. Make my wardrobe more unique and bold.
37. Have someone teach me how to make tortillas from scratch.
38. Be nicer.
39. Stop yelling and cursing at people when I'm driving. I'm not sure this is possible.
40. Write more and better.
41. Consider next steps for career advancement: MPA, CFRE,
43. Constantly add to and update this list.
45. Become a board member for a nonprofit whose mission I'm passionate about.
46. Do a StoryCorps interview with both of my parents. (Sadly, I'm on the waiting list this time around. I may just do my own taped StoryCorp type interviews.)
48. Train for and complete a triathlon.
What's on your life list? I'm dying to know. Bungee jumping, biking around Kuala Lumpur, learning to play the guitar, finally teaching your child how to tie their shoes, buying that ferret you've always wanted? You'll certainly inspire me to add new items to my list, and maybe we can cross some items off together!