Saturday, December 10, 2011

December 10: Chocolate Dipped Best

December 10 Reverb Broads Prompt: What is the best and/or worst thing about your life right now? Courtesy of the beautiful Dana at simply-walking.com


Let's keep this simple. I'm taking "right now" very literally and just looking at today. Because it was pretty much the perfect example of some of the best things in my life. Right now is this: Baking, candy making, wearing an Elvis Christmas apron, spending the whole day with my dad and stepmom, wrapping 210 caramels in perfect white wax paper, dipping peppermint patties in dark chocolate and sprinkling sparkly sugar on top, taste testing Kristy's spritz and Dad's ginger snap cookies, and icing and talking and eating and creating a new tradition, ending the day with BBQ, husband and three straight episodes of Boardwalk Empire.
Worst thing? Slight burn on my knuckles from the steam off of those three batches of caramels. A slight tummy ache, like a four year old, from only eating cookies all day. The fact that I'll have to wait until next year to do this again and I'm sneezy. 
There are bigger "best" things and a couple three "worst," but a day like today is just about my favorite way to spend a Saturday. Simple, filled with people I love, spent making delicious treats and goodies that will soon make their way all across the country and into the hands of those we love. So I think that qualifies as the best for me.

6 comments:

AmyK said...

Your treats look wonderful.

Kat Walsh said...

I love that,. Nicely written, as usual!

Anonymous said...

Excuse me, I just drooled all over your computer.

julieclarsen said...

Yay for baking! That has definitely been a joy in my life as of late as well.

margherio said...

Elvis Christmas apron? Man, I need to send Santa a revised list....

Best Chocolates said...

Dipping cookies in chocolate creates a beautiful, delicious candy that makes a great gift or party snack. Its a fun and hearty treats for a family to enjoy on special occasions. Thanks a lot for sharing this useful post.