Friday, February 08, 2013

Friday Five: Frosted Mini Post

I'm taking a break from the sweet, romantic, borderline corny prompts for NaBloPoMo, and going with the amusing gang at Friday Five instead. And all of a sudden I'm craving ice cold milk poured over Rice Chex.



1. What was your favorite breakfast cereal when you were a kid?

Captain Crunch or Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but our mom was one of those mean moms who made us eat Shredded Mini Wheats or Cracklin Oat Bran or Kix or Chex most of the time. Darn you, Mom, depriving of us sugar. The Captain was a rare treat.

2. What’s your favorite breakfast cereal now?

Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but I rarely buy it because it makes me want to eat the whole box in one sitting.  So I stick to Kashi Go Lean Crunch with berries or Honey Nut Cheerios if I'm feeling wild.



3. Where does cereal rank on your list of favorite breakfasts?

Third or fourth on the list. First lately would be a green smoothie since I'm trying to eat more fruits and veggies, second anything with bacon or sausage or donuts which are very rare in our house but highly desirable, and most common is a toasted English muffin with peanut butter and a clementine and a string cheese or Chobani. We get in breakfast ruts. And now I want a donut. Can you tell it's dinner time?

4. What serial novels or films have you most recently enjoyed?

Have I raved enough to you about Homeland? Or Downton Abbey? Or the Flavia de Luce mysteries? Those are my current beloved serials right now.

5. What recently surreal experience have you gone through?

I can't think of a good surreal experience lately, except for Sunday morning last weekend. I woke up for no good reason at about 3am and couldn't fall back asleep. I laid there for a few minutes, then finally got up and went to the bathroom, just by the light of a small night light. And I think I fell asleep while sitting there in the near dark. For like 30 seconds. I woke up and couldn't figure out where I was or what had happened for a brief moment. It was weird. And kind of embarrassing. Why do you guys make me tell you embarrassing stories like that? Why?

Now quick, make me feel better, tell me one of yours!

No comments: