Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Double Trouble

NaBloPoMo Prompts:

Monday, February 11, 2013 - What is your ideal Valentine's Day celebration?


Ideal is anything that will make Joe happy. Because birthdays trump Valentine's Day, and that just happens to be Joe's birthday. Oh, he makes sure I'm not neglected. I get flowers or candy, dinner out, something sweet and thoughtful. Last year he surprised with tickets to a special viewing of my favorite movie, Amelie, at the Screenland, complete with the Valentine's package of fancy chocolate and beer and old school cinema charm. In fact, that night was my ideal. Dinner at Lidia's, followed by a totally surprise romantic movie. It was perfect. And I'm pretty sure it made Joe happy too. Everyone likes Amelie and pasta. Everyone.


Wow, this candy heart tastes nasty! Happy V Day! #febphotoaday #heart




Tuesday, February 12, 2013 - What is your favorite Valentine's Day candy?


Chocolates, preferably dark, or with peanut butter or caramel or toffee. I have a mega sweet tooth and like some old fashioned fancy lady wearing a corset and hat with a silky feather in it, sorry Downton Abbey gets in my head, I love the thrill of picking one chocolate at a time out of a fancy box, except not without a map, it's a crap shoot unless there's a chocolate map, I love a candy box map. Otherwise it's a nougat nightmare or something disgustingly maple. But with a candy box map, you can make sure someone who actually likes coconut can save you from disaster. Genius.




No comments: