Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday 5: Click and Clack

Why, Good Evening, my beautiful and lively readers. How have you been? How was your Thanksgiving?Turkey coma, eh? Well, as it should be. I've been remiss in my writing lately, but I can always rely on the Friday Five for a little sweat free inspiration. They may sweat when they try to come up with the questions, but I don't have to and that's always better for everyone involved, because I am a gross and accomplished sweater. That sounds weird.

Anyway, we have a "tired car metaphor" theme for today's questions. I like that. And without a single "Can you drive stick?" or "lube metaphor." Good work, Friday Five! So here we go, my tired car answers....

What area of your life has lately (and pleasantly) been on cruise control?

Probably home life. Everything at home, both my home and my close family's homes seem to be running smooth like butter right now. As soon as I say that something hideous and unfortunate will occur and I'll blame myself, but that's nothing new. No, things are good here. Good, solid, happy in general. Smoothly on cruise control without any slow asshole drivers slamming on the brakes in front of me in the fast lane. I'm smooth on the home front.
Where in your life should you probably hit the brakes? 

Umm. I don't know. I think I need to think about this one. I want to cut down my screen time. TV, phone, iPad, but more like tap the brakes, not hit em' hard. Just a light tapping of stepping away from the Facebook, Twitter, Blog reading, Instagram time suck, very pleasurable time suck, but still. And again, that sounded dirty, damn near like a lube metaphor. I'm digressing all over the place today.

Where do you go when you just need a little tune-up? 

I'm excited about roughly three new things that are going to happen in 2013. They are big and fun, both work and personal (no, I'm not pregnant, Mom) but I can't talk about them yet, for privacy and jinxing it all silly superstitious reasons. But tune-ups, changes are on the horizon, and I'm terrified and excited about them all. Is there a word for that? Terri-cited? Excit-errified? One of those, but mostly excited.

How much junk have you got in the trunk? 

Well, less than I had at the beginning of 2012. I have officially, as of 6:30 am this morning, lost 30 pounds so far in 2012. I'm thrilled. I'm doing my best to stay focused on small goals. Run farther and longer every time I hit the road, and run/walk at least 5 days a week in the morning. And it's working. I feel good. My favorite jeans might need to be replaced soon. But I like some junk in the trunk. But not in my car, I like a clean car. Clean.

My lady friend and I need a car wash. #fmsphotoaday #vehicle

Where is the needle on your fuel gauge pointing today?

I'm about 3/4 full. This weekend I'll fill-er-up. You?

    1 comment:

    Em said...

    Yay for this post...and all your achievements! And whatever terrifyingly exciting stuff is on the horizon! YAY! :)