Sunday, December 09, 2012

Friday Five: Festive Procrastination

Shouldn't you be in the other room watching football or wrapping presents or making a grocery list or something? Procrastinating then, huh? How about some Friday Five question and answers? Ok, ok, it's Sunday you tell me, I know that. Duh. But I'm pretending otherwise. So read on, Captain Obvious! And kill a few minutes before you go fold that laundry or finally put on pants. The pants can wait. I have no formal dress code over here. I'm pro-no-pants.


You know those delicatessens that name sandwiches after famous people? What would be the ingredients of the sandwich named after you?

Bacon, Smoked Turkey, Mayo, Spicy Mustard, Sliced Gouda on soft Potato Bread. Because as stated on my favorite show this week: "Things with fat in them taste better than things without."

What’s your favorite part of staying in a hotel?

The bed gets made every day, the trash gets emptied, and free tiny bottles of shampoo and lotion. And hotel sex. Ok, mostly hotel sex.

What was the last book you read, and how was it?

I've been in a reading funk the last couple of weeks. I've started and stopped about three books, most recently Cloud Atlas, which just made me feel like I was re-watching the movie. And I got tired of Tom Hanks popping up in my head with a variety of creepy accents and heavy pancake make up. That's the stuff of nightmares. I'm sure the book is better, but not today.

What’s something super-unhealthy you’ve recently eaten?

Member that thing I said about fat? Yesterday was a day spent making cookies and candy with my brother, dad and step-mom. It's a tradition. So I had to have some samples. Peanut butter cookies baked with a bite size Snicker hidden in the middle, chocolate cookies with white chocolate chips and dried cranberries, spritz cookies, and peppermint patties. Yeah, I might I have had at least one, ok, two of each.

Chocolate cookie with cranberries and white chocolate chips.




What do you do with all those Christmas cards with photos of friends and their kids?

We have a large window/pass through that opens our kitchen out into the entryway/living room, so all of the cards get taped up around the frame of the window. Come January I pick my favorites, tuck them away for future scrapbooking/crafting, and sorry, being honest here, I trash the rest. You and your kin end up getting recycled if you aren't cute enough. You'll keep that in mind next year, I bet. Sorry.



Now go lay on the couch or make dinner or put your pants on and take the dog for a walk. Whatever you had on your to-do list today. I'm off to put some pants on myself and head to a holiday concert with my mom and a bus full of wealthy elderly investors. They do have a dress code, and pants are most certainly a requirement. So Merry Christmas!

No comments: