Sunday, October 28, 2012

Friday Five: Sweaty

Yeah, I'm making a habit of these delayed Friday answers. Friday's just never a day I feel like writing. I get home after a long week and Joe and I make a tasty dinner, put on comfy house clothes and curl up on the couch to watch The Walking Dead or Parks and Rec or some other show we've DVR'd during the week, I never want to write. But Sundays, quiet, open Sundays, staring at the woods that are right outside of the window in my office, listening to music, that's prime writing time for me. So I'm a couple of days late again. Who cares. Here's my Sunday 5 courtesy of the creative little introspective gang at Friday Five:

1. What was the cause of your last working up a sweat? 
Run/walking this morning. I set out for my standard training run/walk on this lovely chilly fall morning and after running for five minutes I decided, screw it. I just want to walk. So I did. And it was a lovely 45 minutes. I listened to an episode of This American Life. I counted political yard signs. I stopped and collected the prettiest leaves I could find. I waved at neighbors and said "Hello, puppy!" to back yard dogs. I worked up a sweat. I'll run tomorrow, but today, today was a slowly paced take it all in kind of day.

Fall bouquet. I'm collecting.



2. What routine part of your life seems to take more mental effort for you than for most others?
I think I struggle with making better food choices, meal planning, grocery shopping and making myself work out more than most people. But I'm getting better at it. Much better.

3. What’s something many others consider laborious but you consider rather easy?
I love cleaning the house.  I love that feeling of sitting down on Saturday afternoon before we go out with friends, after I've spent a couple of hours doing basic cleaning and seeing how nice and tidy and lovely our little home looks. It helps me get rid of my stress, feel in control and feel at peace, and ready for the next week. I love organizing and sorting and getting rid of stuff. It's easy and it feels fantastic. This makes me want to go clean our basement again and sort through my books and closet and no, no, I'm going to sit here a finish these five. (Sitting still and focusing maybe should have been my ADD answer for #2.)

4. What’s something you’re going to have to do really soon but have been putting off just because it’s going to be a lot of work? 
About 431 house projects. We need to paint the windows and trim and ceilings in the house. We need to paint all the interior doors. The list is long. We are currently ignoring it, but if we want to put our house on the market in the next year or two, which I think we do, then we need to get to work. Ugh.

5. Where’s the steepest hill in your neighborhood?
Of course it's the hill that leads to the nature trail that I love. The walk down to the trail is all down hill, but the walk back up, back to our house, feels so steep that I want a sherpa and some crampons to make sure we arrive safely. Want to help me set up a base camp?

That was so strenuous, I think  I'm going to go curl up on the couch and do some very important lounging. What's on your Sunday agenda?

2 comments:

Bex said...

I love cleaning through things, too! I don't mind the actual act of cleaning, but I absolutely LOVE the feeling of flopping down on the couch and looking around at how nice everything looks. Something inside of me just releases all its tension when I realize that unannounced guests could show up and I wouldn't give it a second thought, you know? I hope the rest of your Sunday was grand, lovely! ♥

Bex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.