Friday, November 04, 2011

To Do List Thanks

Today I'm thankful for work. I'm thankful for the satisfaction of cleaning up my inbox and deleting or resolving what felt like 1,000 emails today. Checking off about 35 items on three separate to do lists. Working with 12 different clients, five different databases and one long special event planning meeting with two conference calls and three catering menu reviews. A quick chatty lunch with a old friend. It was a full day. A satisfying day. A day that by the time 5:30 rolled around I hardly noticed. I helped a coworker pick paint for her living room as I packed up my things to head home. A quick trip to the grocery store for vital things like marshmallows and shampoo, a long crisp leafy walk with my husband and dog and the whole weekend stretches out in front of me. I'm thankful for the anticipation of a weekend filled with friends, baking, a photo walking tour, and just enough time to recharge before it's back to work again. (Also thankful for the fact that the big angry looking gentleman, who cut me off in traffic on the way home tonight, couldn't here me yelling "Yield to me, motherf%#^r, yield to me!" I think he might have gotten out of his car and come after me. I honked and he furiously started gesturing at me. My road rage is just verbal diarrhea, his could have had bullets. So thanks, sir.)

No comments: